Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: should basic install be ok??

  1. #31
    Inactive Member -TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2000
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good move on deciding to get the Hondata and injectors right away. You will also need that bigger fuel pump. With a stock pump, on sustained boost runs, the fuel pressure slowly falls off because the pump cannot supply the volume that the injectors require. Running triple digit fuel pressure numbers is crazy.

    What JR seems to ignore is that when you add air, you need to add fuel. Retarding the timing is just a cost cutting band aid for the problem, as the rest of their black boxes are IMO. A fuel pump should be part of their kit, not an option.

    I've had my Civic supercharged since June of 1998. Back then, their entire "fuel management" was a 10K resistor soldered into the TA sensor signal and ignition timing retarded to 10 degrees (as far as the distributor would go ironically enough). This was for a 6psi kit, and even then with the highest regular pump octane available (91 in CO) I had detonation problems right out of the box. Since I'm at 5300+ ft. the kit didn't even make 6psi.

    Take the advice of everyone in here, you can't put together a forced induction motor without spending some money on fuel management. You might as well spend it on the right stuff up front because sooner or later you'll be hungry for the power others are making.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member DennisGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2002
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    since I bought my kit used Im looking at the FPR and it doens't say jackson racing, it doenst have any name on it actually weird [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member DennisGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2002
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I called a local performance shop that has a 9 sec car bla bla bla they're pretty wellknow I guess anyway the owner told me I don't need no fuel management and he will do all the tunning I told him how he was gonna tunning and wouldn't be dangerous to run the car without fuel management and new fuel pump,injectors etc..I have a feeling that he wants to make a quick sale here
    from what you guys are telling me you do need to upgrade fuel management to run properly Im confused now [img]mad.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DennisGSR:
    I called a local performance shop that has a 9 sec car bla bla bla they're pretty wellknow I guess anyway the owner told me I don't need no fuel management and he will do all the tunning I told him how he was gonna tunning and wouldn't be dangerous to run the car without fuel management and new fuel pump,injectors etc..I have a feeling that he wants to make a quick sale here
    from what you guys are telling me you do need to upgrade fuel management to run properly Im confused now [img]mad.gif[/img]
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    If that guy means no standalone but a bigger pump and stock injectors at 6psi, OK. Don't run stock timing. If not, never ever trust him with your car.

    You will be far better off listening to the people on this board and tuning it yourself.

    BTW, you FPR sounds like a Cartech. Can you take a picture of it?

  5. #35
    Senior Hostboard Member CROM's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Like Holden said,

    With the basic 6psi kit all you need is an aftermarket in-tank fuel pump and base timing set at 10-12 degrees BTDC(Before Top Dead Center). With the Map Mod installed, you can get away with 14 or higher.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member BlownGSr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2002
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    This is (DennisGSR) my username got messed up and cannot loging if one of the admins could please help me get it back... thankz

    Ok I finally got a chance to have a look at the charger I want to buy here are some of the pics


    fda4e9cc

    This the cartech 20005??

    fda4e948


    here is a close up of the Blades are those scratches normal? I was told it was painted there are no griding sounds when I turn it though

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 15, 2002 08:51 PM: Message edited by: BlownGSr ]</font>

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 15, 2002 08:52 PM: Message edited by: BlownGSr ]</font>

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep. That's a Cartech 20005. Ugly, ain't it?

    You would want to replace that worn pulley from the kit. I think they're like $30.

    The grooves don't look too bad. Every blower has some somewhere. What the hell does he mean that the blades were painted?!?!

  8. #38
    Inactive Member BlownGSr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2002
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    haha that cartech sure is [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Ok I checked with the person selling the kit and he had it rebuilt and they replaced all bearings on it and he said its new parts so when he means painted I guess he means its new so the scratches he says are normal, what I don't seem to have on this kit is the new bracket, and the new switch thats on the new kits and the bunch of little black hoses that I have a pic off from a new kit

  9. #39
    Senior Hostboard Member CROM's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    How much are you getting this kit for?

    In my opinion, unless you know the person selling the kit personally, I would not buy the kit.

    Those pulley's need replaced, and those belts look like hell. The kit appears to have "atleast" 12-15 thousand miles on it(more like 20k). If the guy had to have the thing redone, then he is obviously not easy on the blower, and was probably running 10+psi for a long period of time.

    You are better off spending an extra 500-1000 dollars for some good ol fashion peace of mind. Remember, this is not an easybolt on and will remain a part of your car for many years. You don't want something breaking 1 month, even 12 months into your use of the charger.

    You can also dowload the install instructions from www.jacksonracing.com and check the parts list against what he has.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 17, 2002 03:15 PM: Message edited by: CROM ]</font>

  10. #40
    Inactive Member BlownGSr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2002
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the kit itself is going for 1800 USD that good price isnt? they go for 3600USD new

    as for the pullies being replaced they go for like 30 bucks each and also for sure new belts

    I called the shop who did the rebuild and they assured me its good kit with new internals, I called the shop that did the install and they assured me the rebuild was good also

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •